You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Ctrl + Drag goes very wrong in new Beta version

Hey guys,

Just downloaded the new Beta version, and I found this problem. When using Ctrl hold and draging a shape in order to duplicate it, the original shape will change its position as well by a few pixels. It happens very often, like 70% of all times.

Is there a way to revert back to the previous beta version? It was pretty stable.

Thanks,

Chris

This is a known issue. As for reverting to an earlier version, you should save each installer under a unique name so that it doesn’t get overwritten by the installer for a newer build.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

23 minutes ago, chris.bannu said:

Needless to say, I don't have the previous beta version any more :) Do you happen to have it?

As you can see from Sean's post linked below, that wouldn’t help you on this occasion.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

3 hours ago, Mark Ingram said:

This isn't the beta forum, so please don't post issues relating to the beta version. I'll move it to the correct location.

I'm sorry, I thought all bugs go into the same category. But also, the location is still incorrect, I am using Designer, not Photo :)

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.