You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Save files of iPad in icloud drive instead in App

Why iPad version of Affinity saves projects in app instead of icloud drive affinity folder, i guess the ipad version should link it main screen to affiniy photo folder in icloud file app, if i update from ipad i can use same on mac, but in this case i have to export project to icloud drive in order to use it on mac, and if i forget to export then i cant open that project on mac, same as if i export that project in icloud and edit it on mac then i want to do something on ipad with same file then ill have to open from icloud and that copies to ipad version but not updating the icloud version, with this practice the more i import the more copies ill get on ipad version, which is quiet waste of space. 

This feature is currently available on the beta version. If you open from cloud source it saves back to cloud source. You could apply to join beta program or wait till next release (goodness knows when, but hopefully soon :)).

M1 IPad Air 10.9/256GB   lpadOS 17.1.1 Apple Pencil (2nd gen).
Affinity Photo 1.10.5 Affinity Design 1.10.5 
Affinity Publisher 2, Affinity Designer 2, Affinity Photo 2 and betas.

Official Online iPad Help documents (multi-lingual) here: https://affinity.https://affinity.help/ 

• 3 weeks later...