You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Dev’ are paid to develop programs, not to read forums :)

Moderators can add tickets for bugs and report most wanted features, but since Serif doesn't want to do some retroengineering—that's illegal— to read AI files, they certainly won't be able to export to this closed format either.

2 hours ago, pmgart said:

Nobody at Serif take notice of this ??

This is in the Questions forum, which Serif often participates in, and in this case the question has been answered by Serif in the second post of the topic: The programs do not output AI files.

(This has also been covered in other topics, too. The AI format is a proprietary, undocumented format, and Serif would have to reverse engineer it to do anything with it. They do not wish to do that.)

If you need AI format, and PDF format will not suffice, then I'm afraid you need to use AI.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

• 1 year later...

I am a professional designer and I am giving a real chance to affinity...but 

if you don't fix the export and allow collaboration across other platform this product is dead for professionals.
We need to be able to smootly collaborate between Affinity and Adobe...this has to be a priority without discussion. If you can't direclty do it in the product cause of licences well then make a random converter on the web under another name and just allow people to do so. 

I will have to go back to Adobe otherwise