You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

When I use DrawPlus to edit nodes, I can delete a chain of nodes by just selecting a node and holding my finger on the Delete key until the chain of nodes has been deleted. In Affinity Designer, I find that I can only delete nodes one at a time. Does Designer have the ability to delete a string of nodes or am I doomed to have to select and delete one at a time? Is there something I don't know? Thank you.

- G

Press A to change to the Nodes Tool, while using the Node Tool you can drag a selection around nodes to select them and then delete them, you do that by left clicking and holding then move the cursor around the nodes you don't want, then press delete.

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

Thank you for your reply. Yes, I know I have the option of selecting around nodes and deleting them as a group but what I am specifically asking is whether I can delete nodes in a continuous chain. In certain cases, I find that selecting a group of nodes is not as accurate as deleting in a chain, particularly in tight places within an image. Can Designer do that? Thank you.

- G

I am also trying to delete groups of nodes that are not on a straight path (see pic). In Illustrator you could select each section of converted text separately so deleting was quick and easy. Is there a way to do the same in AD? As I can't colour the text shadow differently I have to make another layer and delete the shadow of the top layer. A quick way of doing this would be great.

Screen Shot 2018-01-13 at 20.33.31.png

3 hours ago, gypsiwoman said:

Thank you for your reply. Yes, I know I have the option of selecting around nodes and deleting them as a group but what I am specifically asking is whether I can delete nodes in a continuous chain. In certain cases, I find that selecting a group of nodes is not as accurate as deleting in a chain, particularly in tight places within an image. Can Designer do that? Thank you.

- G

No its appears not

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

• 5 years later...

Old post, but wondering if anything has been updated/improved regarding this?  I frequently need to modify nodes and like the OP says, I use another program that allows for the chain of nodes to be deleted.  AD already will select the node once the first one is removed (by showing it in red), so would there be a large coding effort to simply allow that recognized (highlighted in red) node to be deleted by simply using the delete key.  

And this is why it's important - Yes, I realize you can create a boundary box around what you want to delete, however, most designs are pretty complex and have small clearances, so the effort to draw around the boundary can become pretty tedious....when you have to keep zooming in and panning across the page.....