You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Yes you can recolor as you wish

Affinity Designer 2.2.2075 & beta 2.3.1.2212 Affinity Photo 2.2.2075  beta 2.3.1.2212Affinity Publisher  2.2.2075 & beta 2.3.1.2212

Windows 11 Pro Version    22H2
OS build    22621.1928
Processor    Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700 CPU @ 2.90GHz   2.90 GHz
Installed RAM    16.0 GB (15.7 GB usable)
System type    64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

yoda.png

3 hours ago, Rick G said:

Yes you can recolor as you wish

Are you sure about that? Sarah's mention of Illustrator's Recolor Artwork tool is an option to change color of all artwork that uses that exact color value all at once. So let's say you have a walk cycle of a character, and you decide you want to change all the reds in the shirt. Adding a new recolor option would update each all at once without having to do them individually. I don't think Designer has a feature like this just yet.

The website is still a work in progress. The "Comics" and "Shop" sections are not yet ready. Feel free to connect with me and let me know what you like or what can be improved. You can contact me here, on my contact page, YouTube channel, or Twitter account. Thanks and have a great day!

20 minutes ago, Bri-Toon said:

Are you sure about that? Sarah's mention of Illustrator's Recolor Artwork tool is an option to change color of all artwork that uses that exact color value all at once. So let's say you have a walk cycle of a character, and you decide you want to change all the reds in the shirt. Adding a new recolor option would update each all at once without having to do them individually. I don't think Designer has a feature like this just yet.

Perhaps I misunderstood the question

Affinity Designer 2.2.2075 & beta 2.3.1.2212 Affinity Photo 2.2.2075  beta 2.3.1.2212Affinity Publisher  2.2.2075 & beta 2.3.1.2212

Windows 11 Pro Version    22H2
OS build    22621.1928
Processor    Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700 CPU @ 2.90GHz   2.90 GHz
Installed RAM    16.0 GB (15.7 GB usable)
System type    64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

yoda.png

Thanks Bri-Toon  I normally use that tool in illustrator but i'm sure I can get used to the multitude of ways that I can change colours in affinity designer.  I think that my colour choice will be more considered and deliberate using the affinity methods although that probably wont be a bad thing

There is something you can try, Sarah. The Symbols Studio. Whether you select an object, a group of objects, or the upper most parent layer of objects, you can create symbols. Then when you have copies of symbols, changing the color or shape will update all instances as long as that Sync button is selected. If you turn the Sync button off, you can work with symbols individually. Meaning: you can make adjustments, then turn the button back on, and then recolor all instances.

The only downside to this is that you have to work off of a symbol. You cannot create an entirely new symbol from scratch and expect the colors to update along with others. So as long as you are not looking to re-edit anything too advanced, the Symbols Studio might work in your favor.

The website is still a work in progress. The "Comics" and "Shop" sections are not yet ready. Feel free to connect with me and let me know what you like or what can be improved. You can contact me here, on my contact page, YouTube channel, or Twitter account. Thanks and have a great day!