You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I'v some raw files taken at the same time from a photo shoot. I used a grey card to make sure i get the correct exposure on the first shot. So how can i make exposure and other adjustments to the first raw file then copy it to the rest of the raw files, so they are the same. cheers

• Staff

Hi kenp,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

We don't save adjustments/settings in Develop Persona to a XMP side car file or to a DNG so you have to create a Preset - check the Preset dropdown on the top of each panel (Basic, Lens, Details, Tones) - in each panel in Develop Persona. You can then apply the same preset(s) to each image individually. Affinity Photo is not a DAM software - it doesn't sync settings between images from a photoshoot, nor rates, categorises or manages libraries. It's more comparable to Adobe Camera RAW + Photoshop where you convert/develop each image individually. 

it does make sense. however, the abilty to copy all of the raw adjustments to a single preset (instead of one present for each group of controls) would be a very useful enhancement, because it would allow to paste all the adjustments to any other loaded image with just one click.

it's not about managing digital assets, but rather speeding up the development process when you have a bunch of photos taken in the same environment (same iso, same light, etc) - which happens most of the times.

take care,

stefano

3 hours ago, barninga said:

however, the abilty to copy all of the raw adjustments to a single preset (instead of one present for each group of controls) would be a very useful enhancement, because it would allow to paste all the adjustments to any other loaded image with just one click.

How would that work for the lens presets? 

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.2 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

40 minutes ago, R C-R said:

How would that work for the lens presets? 

it would not work well, unless the same presets can be applied through the set of images.

this could be managed if the user had the ability to choose the settings to be copied to the temporary preset. this would allow to set certain controls separately for each shot, or groups of shots.

take care,

stefano

21 minutes ago, barninga said:

this could be managed if the user had the ability to choose the settings to be copied to the temporary preset. this would allow to set certain controls separately for each shot, or groups of shots.

It seems to me that could result in a very large number of presets that could become harder to manage than just applying the individual presets, but I guess it all depends on how it would be implemented.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.2 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

for example, canon dpp offers two ways of copying/pasting a set of adjustments (called "recipe").

you can simply copy the whole bunch of settings.

alternatively, you can define a list of settings that will be copied by selecting "copy selected settings".

then you paste your recipe, that can be full or partial, depending on the copy command you used last.

you can alter any setting during your work: if they are among the selected one, the next "copy selected settings" will reflect the changes you made.

dpp does not implement overlays, and overlays are a setting that usualy cannot be meaningfully copied from an image to others.

take care,

stefano