You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hex Code in other color pickers not only "RGB Hex Sliders"

Hi

In AFPhoto's small color picker, I usually use HSL Color Wheel which doesn't have the necessary "Hex code" text box. (Useful to copy/paste every color even across other softwares)

I think It's better to put hex code in all color pickers, similar to AFPhoto's main Color Chooser:)

1 hour ago, Alfred said:

I’m confused. Hex codes are RGB values: how would that work for HSL? :/

It can be converted simply!

Right now you can Paste a color in "RGB Hex Sliders"'s text box, then go to HSL from drop-down and see the pasted color!

It would be more simple if a similar text box exists in HSL Color Wheel, to copy/paste colors.

b.jpg

41 minutes ago, owenr said:

The hamburger menu of the Colour studio panel has "Copy Colour to Clipboard as Hex" in all modes including the wheel, in case that's of use to you until your request is implemented.

Thanks... but it has only copy, and it can't be used in all colors such as layer's stroke color

49 minutes ago, owenr said:

The wheel can be used to select a colour visually when you want the RGB hex code.

The sliders and/or the picker area in ‘RGB Hex Sliders’ mode can also be used to select a colour visually.

12 minutes ago, reza55n said:

Right now you can Paste a color in "RGB Hex Sliders"'s text box, then go to HSL from drop-down and see the pasted color!

It would be more simple if a similar text box exists in HSL Color Wheel, to copy/paste colors.

b.jpg

Sorry to be obtuse, but I’m still confused! You can see the pasted colour right there on the RGB sliders and in the picker area, so it isn’t obvious to me why you need to switch to the colour wheel.

BTW, I’m a little surprised to see decimal values in the RGB input boxes in your screenshot.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

On 11/5/2017 at 5:55 PM, Alfred said:

Sorry to be obtuse, but I’m still confused! You can see the pasted colour right there on the RGB sliders and in the picker area, so it isn’t obvious to me why you need to switch to the colour wheel.

You're welcome:) Because RGB sliders aren't suitable to edit a color's lightness or saturation independent of hue, a process that happens a lot in graphic and web design!

Also it's much easier to create new colors in HSL Wheel rather than in RGB Sliders! (Set hue, then set S and L)

On 11/5/2017 at 5:55 PM, Alfred said:

BTW, I’m a little surprised to see decimal values in the RGB input boxes in your screenshot.

They're always decimal in my Affinity Photo:10_wink:

24 minutes ago, reza55n said:

Because RGB sliders aren't suitable to edit a color's lightness or saturation independent of hue, a process that happens a lot in graphic and web design!

Yes, but ... what you had said earlier was

On 05/11/2017 at 1:55 PM, reza55n said:

go to HSL from drop-down and see [my emphasis] the pasted color

My point was that you don't need to switch to a different mode just to see the colour. :)

I'm still puzzled as to why you're getting decimal RGB values in 'RGB Hex Sliders' mode. :o

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)