ulrabd

Cropping multiple photos from a single jpg

Hi,

have to scan paper photo album pages which have more than on photos. Result are JPGs having many photos.

My old (to be replaced:)) Photoshop 6 has a specific function:

Choose Image > Divide Scanned Photos. Photoshop Elements automatically divides the image and places each photo in a separate file.

Any similar function with AFFINITY?

Or do i have to keep my Photoshop?

Thanks for any hint

Ulrich

Hi ulrabd,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

There's so automated function in Affinity Photo. After opening the scanned file, use the selection tool (Rectangular Marquee Tool) to select one of the photos, press ⌘ (cmd) + C to copy it to the clipboard then File ▸ New From Clipboard to create a new document from the copied image and save (repeat for the rest of the images).

OK, that works, but is this "automated"?

With Photoshop:

1. open scanned page with e.g. 3 photos:
  2. Image ▸ Divide Scanned Photos

With AFFINITY:

1. open scanned page with e.g. 3 photos:

and for every photo these three steps are requird

1. use the selection tool (rectangular Marquee Tool) to select one of the photos corner-to-corner
  2. Edit ▸ Copy
  3. File ▸ New From Clipboard

3 clicks versus 13 clicks plus 3 cursor movements.....

So I prefer to keep Photoshop for the separation of photos on scanned photo album pages. Maybe a future version of AFFINITY will provide an AUTOMATED way?

Lots of scanner software can scan multiple photos as once and save them to separate files

See if your scanner software can do that.

If not there should be cheap scanner software out there that can work with your scanner, (some of them may even be free)

Due to the ongoing Brexit negotiations, punctuation, spelling and grammar will be used sparingly until further notice.

3 hours ago, carl123 said:

Lots of scanner software can scan multiple photos as once and save them to separate files 

See if your scanner software can do that.

If not there should be cheap scanner software out there that can work with your scanner, (some of them may even be free)

Thanks, I'll look into that.