You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I just noticed that the EXIF data is being preserved when one does a HDR Merge. However, in a "normal" Stack none of the EXIF data is being taken over. 

Why is it like that and where is the logic behind this?

(Also, if anybody knows about a good EXIF editor for Apple Photos on the Mac the tip would be highly appreciated...)

Check out my site: https://five.photos

• Staff

Hi Five,

This is a known issue and has come up here on the forums before.  

It has been logged with the Dev team so hopefully it will make it into a future update.  

As for an EXIF editor, i haven't had to use one, so can't really make a suggestion but no doubt someone else will be along who can recommend one :)

Not really an Exif editor, but Adobe Bridge is free and allows you to edit much of your metadata, and examine the rest.

Windows 10, Affinity Photo 1.10.5 Designer 1.10.5 and Publisher 1.10.5 (mainly Photo), now ex-Adobe CC

CPU: AMD A6-3670. RAM: 16 GB DDR3 @ 666MHz, Graphics: 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 630

Thanks @stokerg. Okay let's hope for the best.

@John Rostron : Yeaaaah.... I don't use any Adobe products and I don't really want to :P In the meantime, I found a pretty good EXIF editor for the Mac. It's called Image Exif Editor and it does the job. I especially like the clone function which one can use to copy the EXIF data from the first image of a stack to the edited photo from Affinity. The app can be purchased in the Mac App Store for about 11 bucks. There's also a free version available (good for testing).

Check out my site: https://five.photos