You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

From 'Edit with Affinity"

Then Edit in Affinity

Then?

What next to get the edited photo back into Photos.

I would like to end up with a jpeg and a tiff in the same place as the original or a new file within the original folder.

Regards.    Sharkey

MacPro (late 2013), 24Gb Ram, D300GPU, Eizo 24",1TB Samsung 850 Archive, 2x2Tb Time Machine,X-t2 plus 50-140mm & 18-55mm. AP, FRV & RawFile Converter (Silkypix).

9 hours ago, Sharkey said:

I guess no one knows!

Or they're not telling you!! ninja.gif

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

It is unclear what you mean about the edited version ending up in the same place as the original. Apple Photos preserves the original photo as a 'master' image. Edited versions are stored elsewhere in the app's "Photos Library.photoslibrary" folder, which is usually in the per user Pictures folder. Because the app maintains a database & other files related to the photo, you should not manually save or change anything in the library folder -- doing so risks corrupting the database & data loss.

If you use the "Edit in Affinity Photo" extension option in Apple Photos to open a library photo for editing in AP, note that at the bottom of the Apple Photos window, it says "Edit your document in Affinity Photo, then close it." This is not quite all there is to it -- when you close the AP window you get the usual warning about saving changes. Click the "Save" button in that warning dialog to save the changes to the Photos Library, then close the document in AP. Back in Apple Photos, the message at the bottom of the edit window will now say "Editing complete - press Save to keep these changes."

To save the edited file elsewhere, or to save it as a tiff, use the "Save as" or export option in Affinity Photo.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.2 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

Thank you.

My other half has solved the problem.

Just trust the camera and shoot RAW+jpg..

RAW for Affinity and high quality printing and high quality jags in Photo for web&publishing in General.

Regards.    Sharkey

ps. it is interesting (to me anyway) that the camera can produce jogs in an instant and Photos can do it pretty quick too but other software design specifically to produce jags from RAW in bulk seem to take forever.

MacPro (late 2013), 24Gb Ram, D300GPU, Eizo 24",1TB Samsung 850 Archive, 2x2Tb Time Machine,X-t2 plus 50-140mm & 18-55mm. AP, FRV & RawFile Converter (Silkypix).