You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Simple question.

I have been asked to come up with some posh advertising templates into which a clients image can be added, approved and published on line.

Given the learning curve is already steep in AP (for me) would I be better off just using layers in AP or will AF give me some advantages I don't know yet.

Getting it done is the priority.

Thoughts please.

Regards.   Sharkey

MacPro (late 2013), 24Gb Ram, D300GPU, Eizo 24",1TB Samsung 850 Archive, 2x2Tb Time Machine,X-t2 plus 50-140mm & 18-55mm. AP, FRV & RawFile Converter (Silkypix).

If the clients images are vector, then AD will give you an advantage because it can export embedded vector documents as vector 

but given that the rest of the mockup and your clients image probably as well is raster and not vector anyway, photo is the right choice 

you want to use a live perspective filter on an embedded document or on a normal layer and this filter is only avlailabe in affinity photo 

cheers 

32 minutes ago, MBd said:

If the clients images are vector, then AD will give you an advantage because it can export embedded vector documents as vector 

but given that the rest of the mockup and your clients image probably as well is raster and not vector anyway, photo is the right choice 

you want to use a live perspective filter on an embedded document or on a normal layer and this filter is only avlailabe in affinity photo 

cheers 

That was the kind of reply I feared most. Totally beyond meO.o.

I will therefor take your advice and just stick to what I know best.

I will be providing the images as well as the templates and final product so keeping it all inside AP makes good sense.

Thank you.

Regards.   Sharkey

MacPro (late 2013), 24Gb Ram, D300GPU, Eizo 24",1TB Samsung 850 Archive, 2x2Tb Time Machine,X-t2 plus 50-140mm & 18-55mm. AP, FRV & RawFile Converter (Silkypix).

what is beyond ...?

you know vector vs raster?

https://designshack.net/articles/layouts/vector-vs-raster-what-do-i-use/

embedded documents

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JLqPhlRrvTM&t=14s

perspective filter

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pUykKEazfUY

I am very sure you will get your head wrapped around this in some time :) 

cheers

//for more tips, KLICK <<

1 hour ago, Sharkey said:

Simple question.

I have been asked to come up with some posh advertising templates into which a clients image can be added, approved and published on line.

Given the learning curve is already steep in AP (for me) would I be better off just using layers in AP or will AF give me some advantages I don't know yet.

Getting it done is the priority.

Thoughts please.

Regards.   Sharkey

Stick to Photo.

If you have difficulties, just ask :)

Windows PCs. Photo and Designer, latest non-beta versions.

Hi Sharkey,

I think the real question is how to make the templates for online publishing.

Either Ap or Ad will make .svg files that can be embedded in a web page (just did one now), but what you are being asked to do is create the web page. The Affinity apps are for making content that can be placed in web pages. Not making the pages themselves.  The client is asking for web page development, not image content. Years ago, web page coding was fairly simple. These days, can be massively complex. Perhaps suggest to the client that they find someone doing web site design, and you'd be happy to create the images.

iMac 27" Retina, c. 2015: OS X 10.11.5: 3.3 GHz I c-5: 32 Gb,  AMD Radeon R9 M290 2048 Mb

iPad 12.9" Retina, iOS 10, 512 Gb, Apple pencil

Huion WH1409 tablet

14 hours ago, gdenby said:

Hi Sharkey,

I think the real question is how to make the templates for online publishing.

Either Ap or Ad will make .svg files that can be embedded in a web page (just did one now), but what you are being asked to do is create the web page. The Affinity apps are for making content that can be placed in web pages. Not making the pages themselves.  The client is asking for web page development, not image content. Years ago, web page coding was fairly simple. These days, can be massively complex. Perhaps suggest to the client that they find someone doing web site design, and you'd be happy to create the images.

I get that. 

I am being asked to create a layers template for my own use with jpg examples for the customer to see and choose from. That is choose a template from a selection of jpgs.

I will the insert their chosen image into their chosen template for them to approve the final result.

That will be merged down to a high quality jpg and uploaded to via ftp to the site file reception area for the editor to put on line.

Perhaps my question (as usual for me) was not precise enough:$.

Regards.    Sharkey