I think you need to invest in a copy of Florian Schimanke's AnyFont.

Alfred online2long.gif
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 1.7.3.481 • Windows 10 Home (4th gen Core i3 CPU)
Affinity Photo for iPad 1.7.3.155 • Designer for iPad 1.7.3.1 • iPadOS 13.2.2 (iPad Air 2)

Well, this is what it says in the description on the App Store:

With AnyFont it is finally possible to install any additional font in TrueTypeFont- (.ttf), OpenTypeFont- (.otf) or TrueType Collection- (.ttc) format on your iPhone or iPad. These fonts can then be used throughout the system in other apps like Word, PowerPoint, Pages, Keynote and many more.

If your budget will stretch to $2.99 instead of just $1.99, you can treat yourself to Flo's Utility Bundle, which comprises AnyFont, Long-2-Short (link shortener), WaterLevel and WiFi Priority. ^_^

Alfred online2long.gif
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 1.7.3.481 • Windows 10 Home (4th gen Core i3 CPU)
Affinity Photo for iPad 1.7.3.155 • Designer for iPad 1.7.3.1 • iPadOS 13.2.2 (iPad Air 2)

I purchased the app but I cannot get the fonts to appear in AP yet. Why I was asking if AP uses system wide fonts.

Will keep trying, but if anyone else knows how to get cool style fonts in please let it be known. ;)

https://www.fontsquirrel.com and you can install all fonts ( with free license) directly from the browser

There are many good sources of free fonts (several of which, including Font Squirrel, are listed in my post here) but Jayce seems to be having a problem getting them to appear in the iPad version of Affinity Photo.

Alfred online2long.gif

I recommend AnyFont to install typefaces.

Unfortunately, Affinity Photo for iPad does not appear to support font weights beyond Regular and Bold, so if you want to use Thin, Medium, SemiBold, Black etc you’re out of luck. Rather a glaring omission if you ask me.