You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Unable to purchase Affinity and I want to purchase it.

Can anyone please help me?  

I am very interested in buying Affinity.  Yet, it won't accept Discover credit card.  I don't want to apply for a new credit card to make a single purchase.

Secondly, I did try getting and using a cash debit card for the purchase.  That didn't work, cause I can't use a debit card to make international purchases (I'm in USA and apparently Affinity uses an overseas server).  

*  Is there any way to get Affinity to accept Discover?

- or -

*  Does Affinity have a server in USA where I could use a debit card to purchase Affinity?  

To recap:  

* I simply want to buy the software.  

* I live in the USA.

* I don't want to get a new credit card to do this.  

Please help, and thanks!  

• Staff

Welcome to the forum detractions :)

Just to confirm, are you trying to buy the Mac or Windows version of the app? If you're trying to purchase the Windows version through affinity.store, try using PayPal. You can use a Discover Card using the PayPal Guest Checkout option.

• 4 years later...

I can confirm that Leigh is correct, I just bought all three applications using a Discover Card via the PayPal Guest Checkout option.

Payment as a PayPal guest is easy:  the first PayPal screen has two buttons:  “Log In” and “Pay with Debit or Credit Card”, click “Pay with Debit or Credit Card” then enter the card number and such.  At the bottom of this screen it has two more buttons:  “Create an Account and Continue” and “Continue as Guest.”  Click “Continue as Guest” if you don’t want to create a Paypal account.

I actually do have a PayPal account with the same Discover Card linked to it, I was curious to see what it would do if a PayPal user tried to pay as a guest - it processed my payment as a guest with no indication that it knew I had a PayPal account.  Only downside is the purchase is not listed in the Activity screen of my PayPal account, no big deal, it’ll be on the Discover Card statement.

Edited by skybound13
Changed “create an account” to “create a Paypal account,” after re-reading this I thought that perhaps someone might think I was saying they could create an account on the Affinity Store.

Dear Affinity team,

Checkout box for purchase stuck 

having problem buying Affinity designer and photo. The checkout gets stuck after filling my Visa card details. No issue with my bank or funds because I was able to buy Affinity Publisher.

Please support.

I have also sent you email regarding this

• Staff
On 6/26/2021 at 1:19 PM, Naresh Newar said:

Dear Affinity team,

Checkout box for purchase stuck 

having problem buying Affinity designer and photo. The checkout gets stuck after filling my Visa card details. No issue with my bank or funds because I was able to buy Affinity Publisher.

Please support.

I have also sent you email regarding this

I can see that our Customer Service team have replied to your email :)

• 11 months later...

Having the same issue. 

Tried different cards. 
Tried different browsers including chrome, edge and another well known browser that is stable. 

Nothing works. I was to buy all 3 apps and it didnt work. 
Tried 1 app, didnt work either. 

June 2022, 

Daredevil,

I made my purchase using Firefox and didn’t have any problems.

I just did a little test to see if I could order Designer, I added Designer to the Basket, clicked Checkout, then it took me to the Your Order Summary page.  It let me sign in under the Existing Customer? tab and presented the fields for my credit card information or to pay using PayPal - basically everything seemed to be working fine.

I also tried testing this as if I didn’t have an Affinity Store account, I entered an email in the New to Affinity? tab and it took me to a page where I could set up a new account.  I didn’t take the process further than that.  Again, everything looked like it was working.

I have no idea what the Affinity Store site requires as far as minimum browser requirements.  I know I can’t make purchases on Gumroad using this computer using Firefox or Safari but I don’t have any problems using my iMac, I assume because the iMac has a newer version of Safari on it.  Maybe something on your computer is a little out-of-date?

6 hours ago, Daredevil said:

Nothing works.

What specifically does not work? Are your cards rejected; does the process stall or hang at some point; are there any messages or prompts shown; or is there something else that is stopping you?

it may help if you explain what you tried at each step of the purchase process & what if anything happened after each of them.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7