You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Keyboard support in the future??

It may sound like an odd thing but Procreate has support for bluetooth keyboards and so you can speed up your workflow by having keyboard shortcuts.

I think you have done a great job of brining Photo to the iPad but many users have the smart keyboard from Apple or 3rd party bluetooth keyboards with them and really do use them together as a full replacement for a laptop. Maybe it is low on your list of priorities but still, Photo is a deep, complex app compared to the vast majority of tablet applications and would be deserving of having keyboard support.

It already has keyboard support (see https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/41096-keyboard-shortcuts-affinity-photo-ipad/)

https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/40991-first-ipad-impressions/?p=206024

"Just to update this - keyboards should work just fine and we do have keyboard shortcuts built-in but you can't customise them yet..."

Cheers

I just checked with my bluetooth keyboard and it does work!! Wow I feel embarrassed! You guys rock, I should have known it would be ready to go. I will eagerly await for the time when we can customize the shortcuts. Would be cool to have a little cheatsheet of what keys do what on the iPad version.