You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Exporter

one small "problem" of affinity is that even though the files are generally vectors, you cant easily export them down to SVG because a ton of effects are either not yet implemented in the SVG export tool of affinity or flat out not possible in SVG.

so one thing that would be awesome would be a simple export tool which should also be possible to be invoked from the command line, so you can easily whip out something at any size you want without too much prepararion (except for stripping the thing down as this shouldnt be a full-fledged export persona)

I for example have a PHP script which iust kicks open inkscape to scale some SVGs I made earlier to any size I want for example to simplify the work and not having to export every size at its own while at the same time maintaining compatibility (complex SVGs may take a considerable amount of computation and some SVG engines flat out suck.

• Staff

a scripting interface is a long term goal of the Affinity range that has already been acknowledged by the Head of Development. It is a huge undertaking but this is the sort of use it could be put to.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

that would be awesome. the only thing that would make it even more awesome would be if affinity design would have instead have an easily readable format  so that my script could easily mess with the fun (I for example implement different color schemes in my SVG logo by relacing the id of the fill of some parts with a placeholder which the script then properly fills out depending on what I throw as parameters.

but not gonna happen for a piece of proprietary software.