You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hey guys, hope you've all been well.

Thanks to lots of great instruction from the AD community I've been able to learn much more while working on Affinity Designer.

I've got a weird problem now and I'm not sure if it's due to something I did or what.

Working on a new MacBook Pro with AD 1.5.4, I was playing/selecting from the colors panel and suddenly lost functionality when trying to select items from the anywhere, by any means. 90% of my menu options are disabled/grayed out and I'm unable to quit Designer in order to do a restart of my computer.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. The AD app is basically frozen, yet I can flip to Affinity Photo and have full functionality. Any advice?

Thanks in advance.

-Christo

...this detail may or may not indicate something - I meant to include it in my initial query. When clicking on anything at all, such as changing Personas (problem is ONLY within Designer, not Photo), selecting Move tool, selecting Pen tool, etc...I hear that audible 'donk' tone from my computer indicating that I'm trying to employ an inactive function or operation. Again, weird that I'm unable to even quit/close out of the AD app.

Thanks again.

-Christo

MEB,

I didn't think to check for a window possibly hidden behind, I'll do that first.

No, I did not Force Quit - it crossed my mind but having some open files with unsaved work, I was afraid by doing that I may lose those unsaved portions.

I will try looking for the 'hidden' message window first.

thanks Miguel.

Miguel - even the yellow dot (minimize) button is disabled when the AD ui is up. Gives me the 'donk' sound when I click on it.

I tried to screenshot it to post but could not. My computer allowed me to do the screenshot all the way up to the selection step, then would not capture it. Keep in mind, I have full functionality on all other processes on my computer that are unrelated to AD...even AffinityPhoto (just a reminder).

Appreciate you considering this issue for me.

-Christo

Regarding my 'frozen screen' in Affinity Designer - it appears to be a corrupted file, if possible it is probably self-induced. 

Attached is a couple of screenshots, one showing the screen BEFORE and the other showing the name of the file that I can now see after Force-Quitting AD and getting things moving again. The file name is now visible to me and reads 'CVlogoStockholm(currupt:pixelates).svg' as seen on screenshot-1.

My question has now shifted to how I can get rid of/delete this file. I don't want to go near it for obvious reasons.

So far I've only tried dragging it into Trash from this 'Open Recent' but having never been Save-As'd it doesn't move. Suggestions?

Thanks as always folks.

-Christo 

post-49603-0-47634800-1494125234_thumb.png

post-49603-0-37515400-1494125246_thumb.png

My question has now shifted to how I can get rid of/delete this file. I don't want to go near it for obvious reasons.

Is there some reason you cannot show it in Finder (using the file name & Spotlight if necessary) & just drag it to the trash from there?

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.0 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7