You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Questorials - Where you ask the questions, I'll provide the snark-- I mean answers

Questorials - whaddya think?  

7 members have voted

1. 1. Is this a good idea?

• Good
    • Bad
    • Indifferent
    • All life is a meaningless exercise until Guardians of the Galaxy 2 comes out

Here's an idea that's been floating around in ye olde brain pan for a while:

I've been wanting to do a live stream on Google+ for a while. However, trying to get info on how to use anything Google (other than search) is like breaking a 256-bit encrytion code. Or understanding why Lost fizzled out so badly.

So here's my next-to-best answer to that issue:

For the next week submit your Affinity Designer Questions here and give me another week to work them out and I'll post a video answering them on Vimeo (or YouTube, if y'all want that). 

Guidelines are simple:

• Focused questions: ask "how to change the color of a shape" instead of "How do I draw a face."
  • "Work-around" questions are okay, for instance, "I do XXX in Illustrator, how do I do it in Affinity Designer?" would be fine. Again, the more specific the question, the more likely it will be answered.
  • One question per post, please.
  • See a question that you'd like answered, just like the post. Please don't repeat the question in an other posting.
  • Keep all questions relevant to Affinity Designer, no religious or political questions, please.
  • Keep your hands inside the ride at all times. Put your tray tables in the upright locked position. Cameras record all activity for your protection.

Questions will be "closed" Next Sunday (Jan 11th) and I'll pick the 8 questions that have the most likes and then by the 18th, have a video answering them (as best as I can) up and ready to be viewed. In the case of a tie, I'll pick the ones I find most interesting/useful.  This is a tutorial, not a competition. So, please, no wagering. :D

Depending on how this goes (responses, the time it takes to do this, yadda, yadda, yadda) it could be a regular thing. 

So put on yer thinking caps and get those neurons going. Ask away...

----

Update: ...and it's closed. Lots of views, likes and no questions. Well, it was just an idea. 

Moving on...working on other AD stuff. :)

Mac OS X Catinlina, 2014 iMac, 3.5 Ghz Intel Core i7, Huion Kamvas Pro 22 Graphic Tablet, 16GB RAM, MacOS10.12 || Magic keyboard w/numeric keypad, wireless trackpad, Kengsington Edge Trackball || Flux Capacitor in a secure location

---

I encourage kids to go ahead and play on my lawn. I mean, how else can I make sure the death-traps work?