You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Looking for help with Fuji raw files ( X Pro 2/XT2 )

AP will edit the files perfectly well but I cannot see the file I might wish to work on when opening a new file, ie Windows 10 viewer will only display the file icon, not the the actual image.

I can get around this by working from Lightroom but there are occasions when  I wish to work directly on the raw file in AP rather than a Tiff transported over from Lightroom.

Has anyone else experienced this difficulty, and if so how did you resolve it ?

I suspect the difficulty is related to windows rather than AP.

Thank you.

Looking for help with Fuji raw files ( X Pro 2/XT2 )

I suspect the difficulty is related to windows rather than AP.

Thank you.

I suspect you are right.  If you do a search through these forums you will see that a number of posters have commented that Windows does not display the thumbnails of some or all of their pictures.  In order to do so, it needs to have an appropriate codec installed which would normally come from the manufacturer of the camera.  Do you have any Fuji software, perhaps a utility to allow the download of image files from your camera to your computer?  Is that software installed?  Very often, such an installation provides Windows with the codecs needed to read/create the thumbnails for your RAW pictures.

Jeff

Win 10 Pro, i7 6700K, 32Gb RAM, NVidia GTX1660 Ti and Intel HD530 Graphics

Long-time user of Serif products, chiefly PagePlus and PhotoPlus, but also WebPlus, CraftArtistProfessional and DrawPlus.  Delighted to be using Affinity Designer, Photo, and now Publisher, version 1 and now version 2.

iPad Pro (12.9") (iOS 17.4) running Affinity Photo and Designer version 1 and all three version 2 apps.

Thank you Jeff and Ian..... resolved.

For any other Fuji X Pro 2 / XT2 user...... Fuji do not provide, in the camera packaging, a software disc other than a pdf instruction manual but they do provide a link to the Fuji Support website from where the most recent "Raw File Converter powered by Silkypix"  can be downloaded.

I have done this and noticed the necessary codec is in the download.

I am now able to view my Raf files directly on windows explorer as well as being able to view files as images when looking to open directly from AP, which is so much easier.

Again, thank you for your help.