You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

AD Beta sucking CPU cycles when inactive

Have the latest AD beta. Worked on a design for a while, left it in the background, and after a while noticed the fans raging while simply browsing the web. Attached is an Activity Monitor CPU usage screen grab, for you reference...

Running on 2011 2.2 Ghz i7MacBook Pro 8Gb Ram, SSD + HD (non-fusion)

Here is a link to the AD native file: http://mbx.cm/t/saiWk

post-1105-0-25703200-1419998002_thumb.png

2021 16” Macbook Pro w/ M1 Max 10c cpu /24c gpu, 32 GB RAM, 1TB SSD, Sonoma 14.4.1

2018 11" iPad Pro w/ A12X cpu/gpu, 256 GB, iPadOS 17

• Staff

Hi Ronny,

I've just checked this on my MacBook Pro (late 2013 model) and iMac (mid-2011 model) in both the current beta and MAS versions - they're both consuming about 0.3% of the CPU when just sitting there with your document open. I wonder if it happens for you straight away if you open the document again? I'm thinking that there is probably some process that wasn't successfully completing and that may have been causing one of your cores to be active. This is obviously not good, but we'd need to try to provoke it to happen again in order to find it... Any ideas what you may have been doing just prior to noticing the issue?

Thanks for your help,

Matt

Hey Matt,

I was just messing with layers and blending modes in the pixel persona. I was also modifying type and effects.... Oh, I was also exporting composite JPEG's. hmmm... Not sure anything was going on in the background in affinity design.

2021 16” Macbook Pro w/ M1 Max 10c cpu /24c gpu, 32 GB RAM, 1TB SSD, Sonoma 14.4.1

It was quite a bit after exporting was done. I went on for at least 10 minutes after I had already emailed the exported file...

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.