Lojza

Shape stroke blend mode

It would be nice to be able to set a shape's stroke blend mode independently from the shape fill.

Example: a square with "Normal" fill and "Erase" stroke would do great in such designs as this:

post-3178-0-28831800-1488357939_thumb.png

Thanks for considering! :)

UX/UI designer, IT analyst & consultant, Business Architect at Cool Ticket (www.coolticket.co).

MacBook Pro 13'' Early 2015, 3,1 GHz Intel Core i7, 16 GB 1867 MHz DDR3, Apple Thunderbolt Display 27'' (2560 x 1440).

+1 to this request!

I mean, duplicating a shape and then setting the posterior one's blend mode to erase kinda works, but it leads to a real hassle whenever you need to change anything in the original shape (and a workaround using symbols is just a minute improvement in this case).

+1. This would be useful.

Not sure how it would be implemented though as the shape would be a layer in the layer panel and each layer has only one blend mode currently... would the shape have to be separated into a sub fill layer and a sub stroke layer to do this?

Maybe this is where a stroke panel similar to Ai comes into play. Where you can have more than one stroke on a shape, maybe allowing application of different blend modes and this is where you would adjust those parameters in a reconfigured "super" stroke panel...

+1

Don't worry Retrograde. The A-Team will find a way to do it. :)

Best regards,

Petar Petrenko
Typesetter, Graphic Designer, Photographer
Skopje, Makedonija

Windows 10 x64 Pro
Dell Inspiron 7559 i7
Intel Core i7-6700HQ (3.50 GHz, 6M )
16GB Dual Channel DDR3L 1600MHz (8GBx2)
1TB HDD + 128 GB SSD Hard drive
UHD (3840 x 2160) Truelife LED- Backlit Touch Display
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M 4GB GDDR5