You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hello everyone,

I love this program, the interface is very appealing, the tools are super easy to understand and i've found my self coming back to this from illustrator a fair bit since the first beta to see how the program is progressing.

I'm still trying to figure something out and as I've decided to fully migrated my work to Designer, it's time i seek help to solve this problem i continuously run into.

1. I have an image, it's very simple; just begging to be vectorised. 

2. I made it into a vector using Super Vectoriser (because there was no vectorising function in affinity?!?)

3. I import the PDF into Designer and there are 3 distinctly seperate shapes.

4. My main question, how do i select one of these shapes and either move it to another layer, make it a different colour, do anything with it essentially....at the moment if i try make it a different colour to the other shapes everything changes, all i seem to be able to do is delete a shape by selecting the nodes.

Surely i'm missing something here haha??

THANKYOU for any help. Very much appreciated - i usually find answers to my problems here but i couldn't find this in the forums..

• Staff

Hi sgseries,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

I don't know which setting you have used in Super vectoriser but you probably ended with some compound paths.

To separate them go to menu Layer ▸ Geometry ▸ Divide. All path elements (holes inside shapes etc) will then be converted to independent shapes you can manipulate individually.

Another thing: All the colors changed at once because they were probably grouped. With grouped or clipped objects, you can still select individual objects without others getting selected by holding Ctrl for Windows or Cmd for Mac.

The website is still a work in progress. The "Comics" and "Shop" sections are not yet ready. Feel free to connect with me and let me know what you like or what can be improved. You can contact me here, on my contact page, YouTube channel, or Twitter account. Thanks and have a great day!