Alex_M

[AD] How do I straighten a rotated/slanted line?

Maybe a basic question but how do I straighten a rotated/slanted line in Designer after I've made it?

Affinity Photo 1.6.5.123 for Windows Windows 10 x64 1803  CPU AMD Threadripper 1950X @3.9 Ghz  RAM 32 GB GPU GTX 1080 ti 11GB NVMe SSD Samsung 960 Pro 512 GB

For a straight line you can insert a guide and align the center of rotation of the line on it and then rotate the line to either horizontal or vertical.

To straighten a curve, select all the nodes of the curve with the node tool except the two at the ends and remove them.
Then, always with the node tool, select the two nodes at the ends and click on the button "convert to acute angle" in the context toolbar, the curve turns into a straight line.

Ok, thanks! Will try it out.

Affinity Photo 1.6.5.123 for Windows Windows 10 x64 1803  CPU AMD Threadripper 1950X @3.9 Ghz  RAM 32 GB GPU GTX 1080 ti 11GB NVMe SSD Samsung 960 Pro 512 GB

The problem is that the line has a rectangular (or square also I suppose) "shape" assigned to it with handles. The line follows a vertical or horizontal side of this shape. Once the line is rotated the line no longer follows the vertical or horizontal line, it goes from corner-to-corner and requires one to follow your advice above . . . not good