You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Newbie question : White is yellow, colors are wrong... ?

Hi,

just trying AP for the first time and i have an issue : my pictures colors are wrong (yellow/red dominance). When i set the color swatch (?) on 255.255.255, it is yellow, not white.

My screens are not particulary accurate, but they still display white as... white. And the same pictures openned in Photoshop or ACDSee just display fine.

I guess there is a profile issue here, but honestly i'm not a pro and can't find out what i should do.

Help please ?

• Staff

Hey Gep, welcome to the Affinity Forums.

This does sound like a monitor profile issue. Out of curiosity, if you display the Navigator Panel, does the shape look correct or does it still look yellow?

Do you know what display profile you are using? What profile is your document set to?

Hi Chris,

The Navigator panel displays the same wrong colors (lower right panel, is it ?).

I have no active color profile (Win 10). I have one in the window display config, but it is not activated. Activating it doesn't change anything.

Again, only AP displays wrong colors. I join a screen capture of AP and Stupid Windows Paint, which is not known as a reference in image processing, side by side...

As you can also see in this picture, the color swatch is set on  255.255.255 and is yellow, whereas the typos and even transparency icon are plain white...

I mainly work with Modo, ZBrush and untill now PS and never had this issue.

Edit : the active color profile in AP is sRGB, as in others (Modo and PS).

post-51246-0-58414800-1486392931_thumb.png

HI Gep,

I saw somewhere on the forum (I do not know where exactly), that in this case it was necessary to change profile and switch to sRGB.
I hope that helps.

I have a problem similar to this. I come fra Adobe Elements 13, 14 and 15
where white is white. In Affinity I get a light beige tone and I can`t
get a clean white. If I export the picture into Elements, it is clear
white, but I can`t control the colours in Affinity in that way. In Affinity the colour profile is sRGB

Thanks, that did the trick, back to normal.

I now wonder what it will be on my "work" PC where i have Datacolor Spyder calibration profile installed... Will see tomorrow.

Thanks again.

Gep, thank you for the return, happy that the problem is solved.

I'm glad it is sorted Gep.

Thanks @reglico. I found a similar thread this morning with the same answer that you provided so I'll make sure to remember that one :)

Hi Chris B, effectively the hardest is to remember all the solutions given by the participants!