You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Apple Photos Affinity Develop Extension Problem

I was a long time Aperture user (VERY HAPPY), moved to Lightroom (somewhat happy) and decided with all the new extensions to give Apple Photos a shot.

I had previously purchased Affinity Photo for Mac and turned on several of the extensions in Photos. Went out and shot some RAW files (Olympus Pen-F), imported them into a Photos Library, opened the develop screen and then went to the Affinity Develop extension. Did some adjustments (color, contrast, etc.) and clicked SAVE. Well.....it is still "saving" after about 5 minutes. If I hit CANCEL and do it again with the same or a different RAW file, same issues - the little wheel keeps spinning. No error messages - just does not ever finish saving.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Hi Swandy,

Are the files on an external drive or NAS ?

Which version of Photo and OSx are you using?

I've tried with my setup and it's working fine for me.

Thanks Pauls. The files are on an external USB 3.0 drive. OS X is Sierra 10.12.3 and Photos is 2.0, so everything is up to date.

Well I tried some RAW files from my Canon g7x with the same result. So I uninstalled Affinity and then re-installed it. Now the Canon RAW completed (about 90 seconds) and the Olympus RAW completed - but it took around 5 minutes! Seems a bit long to me. I am running a relatively recent iMac (mid-2015) with 16GB RAM and latest versions of Sierra, Photos and Affinity - would not expect it to take that long.