borret78

Organizing / Cataloguing Tool

I am absolutely delighted with Affinity. That said, I am sure I am not the first to point out that it lacks a tool for organizing and cataloguing images. Of course, it is possible to organize photos with the Mac's Finder, but the process is sluggish with raw files. I have found an app that is the prefect complement to Affinity; it is called Lyn Photo Organizer. Perhaps Affinity and Lyn could be bundled together. Here's the link:

http://www.lynapp.com/

You can set the media within AD and AP to source pictures from Macs iPhoto App as well as to any folder you choose.

Thats good enough for most of the average user.

post-40493-0-34202800-1483818663_thumb.png

Mac print publishing X-Press & Adobe hostage, cooking on extrem high level, subscribing with joy to US Cooks Illustrated & Foreign Affairs, the british Spectator and the swiss Weltwoche - absolute incompatible publications 

I just want it to read .aphoto thumbnails somehow.    With Windows itself too

I can see thumbnails for .afphoto files in Windows 10 explorer. I wondered what was different about my installation if you cannot. Then I remembered that a long time ago I installed the FastPictureViewer codecs. http://www.fastpictureviewer.com/codecs/.  

That was long before Affinity Photo, but it shows the afphoto thumbnails. 

thanks for the info,  Ostonica.   I tried it few years ago and it didn't work at all.  Probably it's time  to  give it another try

There are a plenty of  affordable DAM solutions  for Win users . 

Oh, I know Kirk - I've been using my own choice of DAM solution across all sorts Raw converters and image processors for years (that's why I like a stand-alone DAM solution - it allows you to be software agnostic).

My point was the OP was suggesting that a Mac only solution be bundled up with AP, which is a bit - y'know - selfish!

;)

Keith Reeder

(I don't need bird photography lessons - OK..?)