You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Color Profiles in Preferences

Hi everyone,

I install Affinity Photo for Windows and it went like a charm. With both of my cameras I shoot with Adobe RGB and my monitor is sRGB. I was looking at the Preferences and for the Color Profiles for RGB I have by default RGB Color Profile sRGB IEC61966-2.1 and for 32bit RGB Color Profile I have sRGB IEC61966-2.1 (linear).

In the list box I can choose Adobe RGB (1998) and Adobe RGB (1998) (Linear). I can also choose the Profiles that I created when I calibrated my monitor which are U2415_D65_100_8-Oct-2016.icm and U2415_D65_100_8-Oct-2016.icm (Linear). With your experience should I choose the Adobe or should I use the profiles from the calibration.

Thank you

Jacques

I you shoot Adobe RGB JPEGs choose Adobe RGB for working profile. 

Your monitor has calibrated/profiled Dell profile which works in system level and there is no need to assign it in app level. (Or so I suppose this goes in windows side too.)

sRGB when talking about your monitor means just the colour gamut your monitor is capable of, not actual profile.

I you shoot Adobe RGB JPEGs choose Adobe RGB for working profile. 

Your monitor has calibrated/profiled Dell profile which works in system level and there is no need to assign it in app level. (Or so I suppose this goes in windows side too.)

sRGB when talking about your monitor means just the colour gamut your monitor is capable of, not actual profile.

Thank you Fixx. When you say choose Adobe RGB do you mean in the Preferences and in the Output profil when I work in the Develop Persona for my Raw files. Thanks