You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Beta .42 crash opening 4 RAW files

I was testing this new beta. I opened 4 RAW files at the same time. I took a little long to open them but it did. It seemed to work at first, but after a few seconds, doing nothing but looking at the screen, AP crashed with the following error message:

An Unhandled Exception has occured.... Code: 0x0000005

The resolution was also changed from 1920 x 1080 to 1024 x 768

Wndows 10 64 bits

6 Gb RAM

Integrated Intel Graphics Card.

I still don't have any Crash Report saved.

-- Window 11 - 32 gb - Intel I7 - 8700 - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060
-- iPad Pro 2020 - 12,9 - 256 gb - Apple Pencil 2 -- iPad 9th gen 256 gb - Apple Pencil 1
-- Macbook Air 15"

Do you have any files in?

%APPDATA%\Affinity\Photo\1.0 (Beta)\CrashReports

No, nothing. And I've never seen any file in that folder since the beginning of AP and AD betas, I checked after every crash.. I have no idea why...

-- iPad Pro 2020 - 12,9 - 256 gb - Apple Pencil 2 -- iPad 9th gen 256 gb - Apple Pencil 1
-- Macbook Air 15"

OK... I just made the following test. The problem seem to be related to the available RAM in my computer, which is a i3 with integrated graphics and 6 GB of RAM. 

Loading 1 RAW file:

CPU went up to 90% - Memory up to 1,450 Mb (Affinity Photo only)

Close the file: CPU goes to 0% and Memory at 230 Mb

Loading 2 RAW files:

CPU went up to 95% - Memory up to 2,560 Mb

Close the file: CPU goes to 0% and Memory at 111 Mb

Loading 3 RAW files:

CPU went up to 97% - Memory up to 3,677 Mb

Close the file: CPU goes to 0% and Memory at 125 Mb

Loading 4 RAW files:

CPU went up to 97% - Memory up to 3,715 Mb, total memory use is at 96%

Then Windows pops up a window saying that my compyter memory is very low and that I should close the app to make sure I don't loose any data (something like that).

By the time I finish reading this alert window, the computer screen blacks out and there is nothning else I can do but reboot.

Once more no file in %APPDATA%\Affinity\Photo\1.0 (Beta)\CrashReports

Again, this was just for testing purposes, I don't have to open many RAW files at the same time. But JPG files.... sometimes.

I know it's not the best computer for graphics editting but I never had that kind of problem before. I think AP should stop grabbing memory when there is not ehough and let me know in a more "pleasant" way...

-- Macbook Air 15"

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.