You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Loading Photo - Crash Report

Following along with the video Enhancing Landscape/Architecture. Using the Dodge, Burn and Sponge tools on a tiff photo that I have been using on all the videos.

1. Closed the photo and selected not to save. This is something I have been doing when going through the videos and seeing how different things work.

2. Opened the same photo.

3. As soon as photo finished loading received error message of an unhandled exception with the code Ox80004003.

4. Affinity Photo closed down.

5. I restarted Affinity Photo and message box displayed that it was sending a report on the error that I had experienced.  The code displayed was 9420f39b-9993-489f-8e31-fdb45b41fe2

6, I opened the photo and it loaded without any problem.

I have been using this same photo without a problem and it may be that I tried to reopen the file to quickly after closing without a save.  

Chris_K, using for extend periods could be the reason. It was running several hours as I went through various videos and would come back to the app and try various edits. Heavier than normal use. This has been the only time it crashed. Really pleased with what Affinity Photo can do. 

Just to confirm a second instance of this problem, exactly as in your report. I have  also experienced this problem when using the program extended periods and so far mainly when closing down multiple open files one at a a time. I am running the latest version windows ten, and Afinity Beta

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.