You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Unnecessary behavior at selections

Hello,

I've played around with Affinity Photo again and I've encountered a behavior that, in my opinion, interferes with the workflow. An example:

In Photoshop Elements I load an image and create a copy with CTRL-J.

I create a selection with the selection brush, press CTRL-C and CTRL-V to create a new layer with the selected element.

I go back to the copied layer and create with the selection brush another selection, press CTRL-C and CTRL-V to create a new layer with the selected item.

At Photo Affinity I go the same way. Only after the creation of the first selection and the generation of a new layer the selection remains, so that it has to be removed first, which is completely unnecessary and irritating.

In AP you don't need to do CTRL+C then CTRL+V in order to create a new layer with the selected area from the layer underneath.

You just do CTRL + J.

Then, you can simply press CTRL + D to deselect. How can that be irritating?

Unnecessary? It depends on the situations. I might still need that selection, then what is unnecessary for you becomes necessary for someone else.

Andrew
-
Win10 x64 AMD Threadripper 1950x, 64GB, 512GB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD + 2TB, dual GTX 1080ti
Dual Monitor Dell Ultra HD 4k P2715Q 27-Inch

Hi MartinK

We keep the selection to allow you to perform other actions to the same selection. Other selection types have a new option whilst the brush only has has add and subtract, so perhaps a new should be added to? Either way this is moreof a feature request than a bug so I;m going to move this into our feature request section

Serif Europe Ltd - Check the latest news at www.affinity.serif.com