You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

I just installed Affinity Photo and Designer updates to versions 1.5.1 and have just begun testing these on my Mac with Yosemite (10.10.5). Each attempt to open the Canon 80D RAW file with Affinity Photo causes it to crash and then display the pop-up message offering to report the crash (to Apple, not Serif / Affinity). Interestingly, these RAW files open in Affinity Designer 1.5.1! I know Apple is not offering their RAW converter tool update for Yosemite and I don't plan on updating this Mac OS. I have been using the RAW converter within Canon's Digital Photo Professional, version 4, and will continue using that.

Still, I am enjoying all that Affinity offers. Best Regards!

Also, I opted to NOT install the included macros at this time. I'll explore those later on.

Hi,

I tried replying to this twice today and, I guess, upon attempting to attach a small screen capture, my post doesn't appear here. So...

This does work after all—the key is to use Affinity Photo to open an older RAW file and then reset the RAW engine back to Serif Labs' one. I had mine set to Apple's, which of course won't work since they dropped support for Yosemite in their RAW converter update.

Thank you MEB and everyone else that continues to make improvements in Affinity software!