You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

My dad is a keen photographer however he is not very computer literate. I got him into Affinity Photo and he loves going through the tutorial videos on the website and learning how to use Affinity. He'd spend hours a day watching videos then recreating what he'd seem. He even showed me a few things I didn't know. Today however he came to me saying the videos section had changed and he can't find the videos like before and some are talking about stuff he has no idea about.

I had a look and the tutorials page now just takes you to a Vimeo page with affinity designer and affinity photo videos all intermingled over 23 pages with no way to search for what you want. You just have to wade through 23 pages of videos picking out just the ones you want to watch.

Before they were all clearly sectioned and listed and it was all very simple.

Why has the tutorials section taken a massive step backwards? What was wrong with the layout before. I found it incredibly refreshing that you could just find all the videos you wanted, related to a particular subject all in one place. Clearly labelled and easy to work you way through them all. Now it's a complete mess.

From the sound of it you may be looking directly at the Affinity Vimeo channel. 

Here are the "index" pages :

Photo: https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/10119-in-house-affinity-photo-video-tutorials/

Designer: https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/10815-in-house-affinity-designer-video-tutorials/

Jonathan

• Staff

Hi Nazario,

There was a few issues with the Vimeo API which was used to populate the videos in Affinity's website. Some videos were missing so we decided to redirect the video tutorial page directly to Vimeo website. We will look at this in the future. Meanwhile you can use the links @Jonathan D suggested above or alternatively the video tutorials section on this page (menu on top).