You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

This is probably oh so simple but I cant get it to work. I place an jpeg of a image something that like a watercolour swatch. I create text and place on top. My instinct is to select both and use Combine button but it doesnt do what I hope which is make the text filled with the image . Hope that makes sense. 

Oh so sorry that would make more sense if I didnt assume you all had mind reading abilities. Affinity Designer. I have worked out how to merge a square thats coloured with the text but doing the same with an image doesnt do it. So I am guessing I would have to create a style ? I am trying to create watercolor effect text. I could do it easily in Serifs Drawplus but just because its made by the same people doesnt mean its the same lol

• Staff

Hi Kairen,

No worries :) Can you be more specific? Are you trying to use a watercolour texture/image inside the letters?

If so select the text object, change to the Fill Tool, then go to the context toolbar and change the Type to Bitmap. Select the image/texture you want to use from the dialog that will open and adjust it if needed with the canvas controls and the options provided by the context toolbar. You can then save it as an object style (with the object selected) going to the menu on the top right of the Styles panel and choosing Add Style from Selection.

Let me know if this was what you are trying to achieve or something else.