LilleG

What does Deform in Filters/Distort/ actually do?

I've been playing with the Distort Filters and I can't see any change at all after applying the Deform filter.  Tried every possible combination of adjustments and an A-B comparison of my layers before and after applying shows no difference.  What am I missing?

Hi LilleG,

The Deform filter allows you to warp areas of your image from user defined anchor points. It can be useful for making subtle corrections or targeted distortions.

If you go to Help > Affinity Photo Help and then go to Filters and Effects > Distortion Filters > Deform you will see a before and after gif of an image with the deform filter applied this should give you an idea of what it does :) The help will also teach you how to use the Filter and define your own anchor points.

If you are still having issues after reading this please let me know :)

C

Ah!  Thanks, Callum.  That was exactly what I was missing.  I understand the impossibility of issuing a printed manual for a program that is still evolving but things like this sure make me wish for one.  A printed manual I will lug around with me until I've devoured it, cover to cover.  Online Help I go to only when experimentation fails.  My bad.  

Hi LilleG,

The Deform filter allows you to warp areas of your image from user defined anchor points. It can be useful for making subtle corrections or targeted distortions.

If you go to Help > Affinity Photo Help and then go to Filters and Effects > Distortion Filters > Deform you will see a before and after gif of an image with the deform filter applied this should give you an idea of what it does :) The help will also teach you how to use the Filter and define your own anchor points.

If you are still having issues after reading this please let me know :)

C

Thanks! This was very helpful.