You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hello,

i realized all version of affinity designer crash when the app is running on integrated graphic card like Intel HD4600 in my case. I really don't know if the problem causing the designer or driver in Windows 10. I installed latest driver version for this GPU (part of my Core i7 4810HQ CPU in Acer Aspire Nitro V15) and it didn't fix this. There is no solution if you have no separated GPU. I have the Nvidia 860M, so i switch Intel HD to Nvidia 860M in Nvidia Control Panel and it works perfectly stable.

For those who experience the same issue, try it, it should help.

Tomas

My Windows 10 system (with the Anniversary Update) has Intel HD Graphics 4400 integrated graphics. All recent builds of Affinity Designer on Windows beta have run without crashing.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

My Windows 10 system (with the Anniversary Update) has Intel HD Graphics 4400 integrated graphics. All recent builds of Affinity Designer on Windows beta have run without crashing.

I didn't say that every user has this problem, but by switching from HD4600 to 860M i fixed it. You have maybe different driver than me.

• Staff

Hello,

i realized all version of affinity designer crash when the app is running on integrated graphic card like Intel HD4600 in my case. I really don't know if the problem causing the designer or driver in Windows 10. I installed latest driver version for this GPU (part of my Core i7 4810HQ CPU in Acer Aspire Nitro V15) and it didn't fix this. There is no solution if you have no separated GPU. I have the Nvidia 860M, so i switch Intel HD to Nvidia 860M in Nvidia Control Panel and it works perfectly stable.

For those who experience the same issue, try it, it should help.

Tomas

Hi Tomas,

Can you goto %AppData%\Affinity\Designer\1.0 (Beta)\CrashReports\ and see if you have any crash reports - they appear as a random string of alphanumeric characters with a .dmp extension. If you do have some there could you attach to the forum please (you might have to zip them up for the forum to accept the file format however).

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Tomas,

Can you goto %AppData%\Affinity\Designer\1.0 (Beta)\CrashReports\ and see if you have any crash reports - they appear as a random string of alphanumeric characters with a .dmp extension. If you do have some there could you attach to the forum please (you might have to zip them up for the forum to accept the file format however).

Sorry, i didn't notice your message. I looked into that folder, but i'm afraid there are no files. I've updated to newer version few days ago, so it has been deleted maybe. But i recently reproduced the issue, Designer crashed even in the RC2 on integrated GPU (no error files created as well). I dont know how to help you, so i can only send you some info about my PC (dxdiag, screenshots). Maybe it could help.

post-32587-0-72207500-1477509961_thumb.jpg

DxDiag.txt

post-32587-0-15968600-1477509963_thumb.jpg

• Staff

Sorry, i didn't notice your message. I looked into that folder, but i'm afraid there are no files. I've updated to newer version few days ago, so it has been deleted maybe. But i recently reproduced the issue, Designer crashed even in the RC2 on integrated GPU (no error files created as well). I dont know how to help you, so i can only send you some info about my PC (dxdiag, screenshots). Maybe it could help.

When you start the app do you get a message saying an crash occured and then giving a reference with the string of alphanumeric characters? If so could you give me a screenshot of that please?

• 2 weeks later...

When you start the app do you get a message saying an crash occured and then giving a reference with the string of alphanumeric characters? If so could you give me a screenshot of that please?

I am not able to evoke it again. Now i use 15.0.29 and it seems stable. I will try to continue working on intel hd and if i will meet the error again, i will send you the err message.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.