You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Corrupt AD document? Text frame returns all one line - run together

Hi, in testing AD 1.5 Beta, I took a document created in 1.4.2 and upgraded it. When I try to create a new Frame Text item, all the text appears on one line and on top of other text, it never wraps or fills the bounding box. So, I'm thinking this is likely a conversion issue. So I try to recreate it in AD 1.5, no error. I try updating other 1.4.2 AD docs and no issues there. So I go back into AD 1.4.2 and with this, and only this document, any new frame text I put in the document, the text all appears on one line and on top of itself. So, I'm thinking, some how, could my document have gotten corrupted?

Anyone else ever run into this? – Timber

• Staff

Hi Timber,

Would it be possible for you to attach the document in question to this thread so that I may look into this further for you? Any documents you send will be deleted once I have looked at them :)

Thanks

C

Please tag me using @ in your reply so I can be sure to respond ASAP.

The Affinity Forums are simply top notch! Dave Harris nailed it when he suggested the leading was somehow set to zero. Sure enough, when checking the leading override it was indeed set to zero. Once corrected all my Frame Text boxes now work correctly in this AD document. I have no idea how the leading would have gotten set to zero, but this certainly fixed this issue. So Dave Harris 'leading to zero' is now my hero! Thank you!

Cheers – Timber