You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Designer [Beta] - Updates

I have looked through the forum as to questions regarding Affinity Designer [beta] updates but cannot find topics related to updates on this program other than what is listed in the forum as to the current beta update and what has been fixed...

When I open Affinity Designer there is a dialog box that opens indicating there is an update, so I click the download button...  The file to be downloaded is always the same ".exe" file name and my computer dutifully warns me "that file already exists - overwrite it?" which I click "Yes"...

The file downloads, then I run the file to install the latest beta update...  What I'm curious about is, why - each time - does the program have to install the already existing "Microsoft .NET 2015 .NET Framework 4.6.2"...?  An install that takes an enormous amount of time [at least more than 20 minutes or so the last time before this current update]...

Also, I realize the original program I downloaded was a "beta" version - and still is - but, [and this may seem trivial, so pardon me] why isn't the file given a version number at each change...?  Not including a version number - is this normal procedure for programs in the "beta phase"...?

Thanks...

Carl

Edmonds, WA

"...life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans..." john lennon

@The Crusty Baker and @ikas, if you are not running version 1.5.0.7, go to the beginning of the first post in https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/22639-affinity-designer-public-beta-1507-windows/ to download the latest version.

Jeff

Win 10 Pro, i7 6700K, 32Gb RAM, NVidia GTX1660 Ti and Intel HD530 Graphics

Long-time user of Serif products, chiefly PagePlus and PhotoPlus, but also WebPlus, CraftArtistProfessional and DrawPlus.  Delighted to be using Affinity Designer, Photo, and now Publisher, version 1 and now version 2.

iPad Pro (12.9") (iOS 17.4) running Affinity Photo and Designer version 1 and all three version 2 apps.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.