You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Designer Public Beta - 1.5.0.7 (Windows)

Purpose: Stability

Requirements: None

Download: Here

As this is a beta release, it is considered to be not suitable for production use. This means that you should not attempt to use it for commercial purposes or for any other activity that you may be adversely affected by the application failing. In addition it is worth noting that files created in Affinity 1.5 cannot be opened in 1.4, which means files created with the Windows beta cannot be opened in the Mac AppStore version of Designer, instead you will need the latest Mac beta.

We hope you enjoy the latest build, and as always, if you've got any problems, please don't hesitate to post here and we'll get back to you as soon as we can. Thanks once again for your continued feedback.

If you have a general question about the software, please head over to the Questions Forum, or if you have any suggestions, please head over to the Feature Requests forum.

Fixes

• Fixed crash when starting if there is a beta update / the beta has expired / a requirement isn't met
  • Fixed Grid and Snapping Axis Mode should be changed to Grid type
  • Fixed Ctrl+Shift+Tab to cycle backwards through documents
  • Fixed Ctrl+Numpad number
  • Fixed trying to add non-breaking space bringing up menu
  • Fixed pressing delete with a stop selected on the Gradient Flyout deleting the object
  • Fixed Brush Editor Brush Size not going past 1025px
  • Fixed translated strings with escape sequences
  • Fixed Channel Mixer using incorrect spelling of Grey
  • Fixed Export Persona missing view navigation shortcuts
  • Fixed studio crash when removing all pages
  • Fixed Export Persona not being clear where text can be entered for user variables
  • Fixed Export overwrite dialog having a low quality warning icon
  • Fixed Export conflict overwrite dialog result being ignored
  • Fixed Space Horizontally/Vertically distributing incorrectly
  • Fixed printing multiple copies printing too many copies
  • Fixed Export not reporting failure messages
  • Fixed certain font names not being reported properly
  • Fixed crash after attempting to save a modified sample
  • Fixed DNG files looking pixellated
  • Fixed constraining with snap to pixel
  • Fixed Duplicate being enabled / disabled incorrectly
  • Fixed crash when launching Designer a second time
  • Fixed creating a symbol from a symbol
  • Fixed being unable to click select with touch or pen

Known Issues
  • The .NET installer can fail during the installation, try rebooting your computer as Windows Updates are pending
  • On Windows 7, the view can flicker when resizing the window

Two updates that quick? The Affinity team is on a roll to say the least.  Downloading the new update.

I am still having the font selection from the last build, and I am hoping that this build addresses that issue. The screenshots below will show the problem I am still having. 

post-3208-0-12869000-1468940966_thumb.gif

post-3208-0-66080900-1468940970_thumb.gif

Purpose: Stability

Requirements: None

Download: Here

We hope you enjoy the latest build, and as always, if you've got any problems, please don't hesitate to post here and we'll get back to you as soon as we can. Thanks once again for your continued feedback.

If you have a general question about the software, please head over to the Questions Forum, or if you have any suggestions, please head over to the Feature Requests forum.

Known Issues
  • The .NET installer can fail during the installation, try rebooting your computer as Windows Updates are pending

I couldn't get the .Net installer to complete - I had no updates pending but rebooted anyway, still no good. The installer packed within the AD installer for the .Net framework hung so I downloaded the installer separately from Microsoft and tried this as an offline installation, this also hung. Finally I downloaded the web stub from MS and tried the installation again, this time it succeeded.

So, if anyone is still having problems with the .Net installation after rebooting I suggest you try the web stub installer from MS here:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/kb/3120737

Note this is the English GB version

Windows 11 Pro 64bit ¤ AMD Threadripper 3990x ¤ Nvidia RTX 3090 ¤ 256GB DDR4 Ram ¤ ROG Zenith II Extreme Alpha

I couldn't get the .Net installer to complete - I had no updates pending but rebooted anyway, still no good. The installer packed within the AD installer for the .Net framework hung so I downloaded the installer separately from Microsoft and tried this as an offline installation, this also hung. Finally I downloaded the web stub from MS and tried the installation again, this time it succeeded.

So, if anyone is still having problems with the .Net installation after rebooting I suggest you try the web stub installer from MS here:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/kb/3120737

Note this is the English GB version

Had no luck with that sadly  :(

Had no luck with that sadly  :(

Try searching google for .Net 4.6.2 web installer, you will probably get the German version - one thing that did happen for me was as the installer began running it found 3 running apps that needed to be closed that the AD and offline installers didn't. I wonder if it might help you to try and install in safe mode?

Windows 11 Pro 64bit ¤ AMD Threadripper 3990x ¤ Nvidia RTX 3090 ¤ 256GB DDR4 Ram ¤ ROG Zenith II Extreme Alpha

Try searching google for .Net 4.6.2 web installer, you will probably get the German version - one thing that did happen for me was as the installer began running it found 3 running apps that needed to be closed that the AD and offline installers didn't. I wonder if it might help you to try and install in safe mode?

So far I've tried to install both the offline and web installer. That goes for the english and german version of it. I'll try to install it in safe mode

EDIT: No luck in safe mode. One can't install .NET in safe mode either way. Also double checked all applications are closed that could be running on .NET, yet no luck with that option either.

Edited by Mitsu

Once again a smooth update with no issues whatsoever.  :)

Affinity Designer 2.0.0 Windows  · Affinity Photo 2.0.0 Windows  ·  Windows 11 Pro 64-bit   ·  AMD Ryzen 9-3900X 12-Core 3.80Ghz  ·  16Gb RAM   ·  Asus DUAL-RTX2070-O8G-EVO-V2 

Two updates that quick? The Affinity team is on a roll to say the least.  Downloading the new update.

I am still having the font selection from the last build, and I am hoping that this build addresses that issue. The screenshots below will show the problem I am still having. 

In that first example, is your problem trying to re-edit the text? Just use the Move Tool and double click your text box.

The website is still a work in progress. The "Comics" and "Shop" sections are not yet ready. Feel free to connect with me and let me know what you like or what can be improved. You can contact me here, on my contact page, YouTube channel, or Twitter account. Thanks and have a great day!

No problem of installation : just be patient :)

(Previous program installed 820 megas, this one 640 megas: so better)

Much better French translation! Seems all is present! Bravo!

Just these little ones at first view! Problem of space between words!

Menu Texte//
En-têtede paragraphe --> En-tête de paragraphe
Insérerun texte d'exemple --> Insérer un texte d'exemple

Espacement/
Paramètrepar défaut --> Paramètre par défaut
Condenserdavantage --> Condenser davantage

Ligature/
Toututiliser --> Tout utiliser

Ligne de base/
Abaisserprécisément la ligne de base --> Abaisser précisément la ligne de base

Alignement/
Aligneraucentre -->Aligner au centre
Alignerà droite --> Aligner à droite
Justificationgauche --> Justification gauche
Justificationdroite --> Justification droite
Toutjustifier --> Tout justifier

En-tête de paragraphe/
Réduireprécisément --> Réduire précisément

Insérer un caractère/
Tiretcadratin --> Tiret cadratin
Tiretdemi-cadratin --> Tiret demi-cadratin
Espacecadratin --> Espace cadratin
Espacedemi-cadratin --> Espace demi-cadratin
Tiretconditionnel --> Tiret conditionnel
Traitd'union insécable --> Trait d'union insécable

Orthographe/
Vérifier l'orthographelors de la saisie --> Vérifier l'orthographe lors de la saisie

Menu affichage//

Moded'affichage --> Mode d'affichage

... more if i find something else! :)

Menu trait --Styles

Default --> Défaut

Sunset / Rainbow / Metal --> Crépuscule / Arc-en-ciel/ Métal

Onyx / Glass / Salmon --> Onyx / Verre / Saumon

Menu Pinceaux--

Assorted/Textured/Image/Basic --> Assortis/Texturés/Image/Basiques

Is beautiful that please without concept!

Speedy Gallery

• Staff

No problem of installation : just be patient :)

(Previous program installed 820 megas, this one 640 megas: so better)

Much better French translation! Seems all is present! Bravo!

Just these little ones at first view! Problem of space between words!

Hi FPilou,

Thanks for letting us know! I've passed these onto the translation guys! :)

Thank you! No problems so far but quite the contrary. Besides stability, it's like performance is also improving more and more and that's something me and my Core 2 Duo CPU really appreciate  :). Well, keep up the excellent work and thanks again!

System: CPU: Intel® Core2 Duo T7700 @ 2.40GHz || RAM: 4 GB (DDR2-SDRAM) || GPU: NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT (512 MB) || HDD: TOSHIBA (500 GB, 8 MB) || OS: Windows 10 Pro (x64) || OTHER: MSI Laptop - 17" (1920 x 1200 px)

I have problem with intallation ( NET freamework 4.6.2).Installator  shows error: components storage  is defective. I tried literally everything: download online and offline installator  from Microsoft and other sites with software. I also tried to download older versions. For example, the version 4.5 installer shows the same thing, and when I install version 4.0 it writes that I already have this or a later version. Please help. It's little bad with this .NET framework... :( Without him, the installation does not move on -_-

Hi ziemowitt

Have you tried restarting your PC at any point whilst you've been trying to install .NET? Sometimes pending reboots from things like windows updates can hold up the install so it might be worth trying a reboot before attempting to install again.

Serif Europe Ltd - Check the latest news at www.affinity.serif.com

I am not able to install the .net download. The files are verified and installing starts.

I've eaten my dinner, had a coffee and walked the dog...... and nothing!

attachicon.gifnonet nonuffing.png

Try the web installer instead: https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/kb/3120737 this worked for me. When the web installer started it stopped a couple of other apps that were interfering with the .Net installer. Just let it continue, it does take about 20 minutes to install. Once installed I restarted the PC then installed AD and all went fine.

I am new to Designer.

My machine is running on Windows 10 Pro, 64 bit.

Two problems observed so far:

- Zoom out shortcut (Ctrl + -) not working

- In Pixel Persona mode, the following brushes although can be selected, cannot paint

Brushes --> Painting --> Paint 4, 5, 7, 14

Brushes --> Drawing --> Drawing 4, 5

Brushes --> Spray-paints --> Spray 3, 4

Brushes --> Texture --> Grunge 8

Brushes --> Effects --> Effect 1

So far, loving the new update. No more crashes and I love it. I really appreciate the quick fix. One problem I am having is that my zoom out short cut (Ctrl+-) is not working. It's not too much of a big deal because I can just zoom to fit and then go from there, but I am just letting you know so you are aware. Thanks again!

So far, loving the new update. No more crashes and I love it. I really appreciate the quick fix. One problem I am having is that my zoom out short cut (Ctrl+-) is not working. It's not too much of a big deal because I can just zoom to fit and then go from there, but I am just letting you know so you are aware. Thanks again!

Same issue here, Zoom in works but zoom out with ctrl- doesnt