You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Anthropomorphic Bison Character Illustration

arezendes

Hey folks –

I created this illustration as a parody of a quasi-famous NY designer I recently saw. It was my first attempt with AD, and at using variable brush strokes / curves.  I found the experience pretty straightforward, almost fun. I typically use illustrator for renderings like this but wanted to test out how AD worked since I had just purchased it recently. I think the only major challenge I had was that I didn't like that I couldn't use the eye-dropper on different colors to select the color. That part wasn't intuitive to me. After watching some youtube videos and some snippets on the site, I got the hang of it after a while.

This is one in a series of character illustrations I'll be doing. His name is Tobison Vanderherd: Senior Design Strategist (for now anyway). I'm going to be fleshing out an entire agency based on endangered species because, after all, agencies are sort of dying out. Anyway, don't know how far I'll take it, but it's certainly fun getting familiar with the tool and experimenting. 

I'm eventually going to take the illustration into After Effects and try some puppeteering/ voiceover work to see how that holds up. I'll share my results if anyone's interested.

Been enjoying watching what everyone has been posting and looking forward to seeing what other creations folks come up with.

Thanks for your time and feedback,

Anthony 

post-4122-0-75401000-1468210797_thumb.png