You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Fill/stroke multiple selected objects?

• Staff

You should be able to select any number of objects and change the properties of them that are allowed. For example, draw 3 rectangles and select all, now go to the colour panel and change their fill or line colour, now go to the stroke panel (or line panel if you're using the Mac App Store release version, not the beta) and change the line weight and they will all change. Only the attribute you modify will change, too, so you could change all of their line join styles by just clicking it, but it would leave all of their other properties (like cap style, line weight, etc).

Hopefully you should see this working?

Matt

Confirm...just tried on another mac, new document, re-tracing my essential steps and while I can change flat color, fill with gradient tools are not available when more than 1 shape is selected. However, if you GROUP those objects, then fill/line tools appear enabling you to fill with gradient...I don't know whether that's good or not..I might want them grouped, but I definitely wanted to fill all 3 shapes with a gradient..

I had done basically that last night and was un-able to affect the fill/stroke. neither fill nor stroke tools appeared in the toolbar. I wanted to fill with gradients; I did not try using just the color wheel for either.

The Move tool context toolbar shows alignment options instead. Try using the Node tool, or the Shape tool, or the Fill tool, or select a gradient from the Swatches tab.