You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hi, I have attempted several times to open the 10-day trial for Affinity Photo, but I keep getting a popup that says the trial has expired. I was a beta tester for Affinity Photo a year or so ago (or whenever the first betas were released), but I haven't actually used the official release and wanted to try it out before I purchased it. 

Do you have any suggestions/things I can troubleshoot? Not sure if there is a file from the beta still on the computer that is keeping the trial from working. Thanks!

Quinn

• Staff

Hi Quinn,

The only time you can get this error message is if you have had the trial before and there isn't any way for us to reset the timer I'm afraid.

C

Please tag me using @ in your reply so I can be sure to respond ASAP.

Cool, thanks for the reply. Yeah, I'm not sure how I have installed the trial before unless I mistakenly thought it was a beta update? It has been a while since I used Affinity and am not totally sure what I might have done. I do understand what you're saying though, I'm just stumped. Do you have any other suggestions? Thanks again!

Hey, Callum – you are right! I guess the trial was installed and I had forgotten I did it since I never ended up using Affinity to test out. I investigated on some of the plist/misc. files on Finder and they do show an Affinity Trial install in 2015, explaining how the timer has run out haha. Is there a way to reinstall the Trial?

I am hoping to use it primarily for panoramas, but I wanted to test it out before I dropped $50 on a program that turned out to be just as good on handling panos as Photoshop, since I already have photoshop. I def know that Affinity is way superior to a lot of Photoshop's features, but those aren't the features I am going to be using 99% of the time! I checked out several of the pano tutorials on the Affinity Vimeo page but I'm still not sure if it will be worth the purchase.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be great. I appreciate your help!

Quinn