You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Nadat ik een tekst heb ingelezen vanuit Word (REPLACE) krijg ik tig-meldingen, nadat ik het bestand exporteer als pdf, dat er spellingvergissingen zijn. Zie de schermafdruk hierbij gevoegd. 

Vraag: hoe voorkom ik dit? Mijn taalinstellingen zijn wel goed ingesteld.

spelling-mistake.png

You will need to either:

1. Perform a Spell Check operation and Learn or Ignore those words; or
  2. Apply Character Text Styles that specify a Language/Spelling of None; or
  3. If the word is actually properly spelled in some language other than your User Interface language, Apply a Character Text Style that specifies the proper Language/Spelling, so the correct dictionary is used.

Or some combination of those. "J.G" and "H.V" could be Ignored or Learned (#1) or set to None (#2). But "linger" seems like a legitimate word whose Language is simply set incorrectly.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

I took a look at this, too, as I've been looking at such Dutch terminology lately. The Dutch spelling dictionary spells "kramp-achtigheid", "menta-liteit", "ontstaans-geschiedenis", and "levensbeschou-welijk" without hyphens which is why they are flagged. If they are also correct with a hyphen you can just use Learn to add them to your custom dictionary. Similarly, it spells "Mensverheer-lijking" as "Mens verheerlijking" or "Mens-verheerlijking".

I couldn't get it to flag "terug-gevonden" and "ge-nomen" as spelling mistakes but as I've said before, the macOS spell checker is flaky. Both "terug" and "gevonden" are in the Dutch dictionary so perhaps if you right-clicked the word then it wouldn't even offer the Learn and Ignore options because it really is valid. The spell checker just does this sometimes and you have to ignore it.

URLs are often flagged as mistakes by spelling dictionaries so just choose Ignore for those. If you have a character style applied to all of your hyperlinks then you could set Language to None for them to avoid them being spell checked.

Good luck.

PS: I'm just pasting this text here in case one of us wants to try it again. Typing words in another language from a screenshot isn't fun so I don't want to do this again:

kramp-achtigheid terug-gevonden ge-nomen lingen schoon-familie menta-liteit ontstaans-geschiedenis levensbeschou-welijk Mensverheer-lijking

Download a free manual for Publisher 2.4 from this forum - expanded 300-page PDF

My system: Affinity 2.4.2 for macOS Sonoma 14.4.1, MacBook Pro 14" (M1 Pro)