You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Designer line quality

Hi gang, I'm new here and I am going through Aff. Photo (AP) videos right now and will get to the Aff. Designer ones in time. I am very impressed with what AP can do I can't wait to really get into it.

I have used Illustrator for many years but mainly for logos and simple infographics. I never had the time to be a power user. I'm at a point where I need to learn how to manipulate line quality. So I guess brushes are in my future.

Are there any other resources where I can learn what Aff. Designer can do in regards to line quality?

Thanks in advance

k

• Staff

Hi Kanihoncho,

Are you wanting to use brush strokes for your logo or solid lines? For solid lines I would recommend using the Pen Tool [P] if you aren't sure how to use it I will include a tutorial below :)

Hope this helps

C

Please tag me using @ in your reply so I can be sure to respond ASAP.

• Staff

Hi kanihoncho,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

The vector brush engine is still under development. You can use it with raster based brushes that stretch along the path (Draw Persona), but it still limited if you want to use pure vector based brushes.

Another alternative is to apply Pressure profiles to paths. You can do so clicking on the stroke width dropdown in the context toolbar, then clicking on the pressure button on the bottom and adding/manipulating nodes to the graph's curve (see screenshot).

post-59-0-04573100-1462975866_thumb.png