You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Photo V2 modifies Lens information erraneously

Hi there,

When I convert my .raw-file into a jpg, AP writes erraneous Lens ID (many of them) into the metadata of that jpg-file. I do not normally use tiff-format, but made a try in exporting the tiff-format of the same original raw-file. This resulted same errors in Lens ID. I mad also the conversion with a third party software. In that case the resulting jpg-file had correct info as Lens ID. I have attached detains of metadata in each case. Any advice?

I use Win 10 and Affinity Photo 2.4.2. The metadata is available from iMatch software (my archiving system)

B.r: MarkkuS

Lens ID in metadata.odt

In advance of Callum's help and to deal with your existing files try exiftool

Open a cmd prompt in the folder where the jpgs are and do similar to this
exiftool -ext jpg -tagsfromfile "D:\London\July23\%f.orf" .

Replace the path and orf extension as necessary, the dot/full stop/period at the end is part of the command
When you're confident with it you can add the -overwrite_original switch, see exiftool help for details

Microsoft Windows 11 Home, Intel i7-1360P 2.20 GHz, 32 GB RAM, 1TB SSD, Intel Iris Xe
Affinity Photo - 24/05/20, Affinity Publisher - 06/12/20, KTM Superduke - 27/09/10

Hi Calluim,

Thanks for your response. Sorry, I was a bit busy until now. Now I have uploaded my original .NEF-image into  the dropbox.

One finding more: I opened in Affinity Photo the .jpg-file which was converted from that original .NEF by a third party software. I know that this .jpg has the correct Lens ID in metadata. Now after having made some arbitrary adjustments and exported it, again as .jpg back, to my file folder. Result was that there is no change of Lens ID as the conseqence of this.

Hi David,

Thanks for your reply. I´ll make a try with this. As far as I knw there is no possibility to make canges in iMatch´s matadata tools as those metadata items (Lens ID) are write-protected. Hopefully those promts are more efficien in that respect. I´m not very familaiar with cmd, but let´s try and I´ll let you know results.