You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Sony A7C M2 Raw support on Ipad

I have updated to the latest version of Affinity Photo 2 on iPad so I am at 2.4. Having just acquired a Sony A7C M2 I find I cannot read the Raw files from within ‘Photos’ on iPad and from Affinity, I had no problems with the Raw from my Sony A6600, what am I missing?

Looks like it is supported if it's on this list.

If your camera is not on the list of currently supported cameras, you can try using the Apple RAW engine in the Affinity Develop Persona (click on the Assistant and select Apple Core RAW for your Develop engine...you'll need to close your RAW file and reopen it after changing RAW engine to Apple). If all else fails, download the FREE Adobe DNG Converter and convert your Sony image file to RAW DNG format. That seems to work for any camera in the Adobe database. 

2017 15" MacBook Pro, 16 MB RAM, Ventura v13.6.6, Affinity Photo/Designer/Publisher v1 & v2, Adobe CS6 Extended, LightRoom v6, Blender, InkScape, Dell 30" Monitor, Canon PRO-100 Printer, i1 Spectrophotometer, i1Publish

• Staff

Hi @Adiemask,

RAW support for the A7CM2 was added in the 2.4 update so it should be possible to correctly open and develop RAW images from this camera using the standard Serif labs RAW engine. Could you describe what's specifically happening when you're opening these RAW files?

image.png