You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

FX color problem in APhoto

Hi, I have a problem with FX and colors. If I use for example bevel/emboss or inner shadow I like to have de shadow red, see my example. So far so good but when I go to the next layer the color of the shadow turns into black again. Any solution for this? Or do I something wrong? 

IMG_1157.jpeg

Copy the object which is formatted to your requirements, and then ‘Paste FX’ to the new object (or ‘Paste Style’ if you want to apply other attributes such as font size and weight at the same),

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

Thanks for your response.  I’ve never had to use copy and past FX before as you suggested and I think that is not the solution. At least not for V2 on the iPad.
I still have V1 and it works as usual. So now I did the same actions at both tablets, side by side but in V2 the color changed into black again when I tap another layer. I didn’t had this issue in V2 before until now. (Version 2.4.0.2301)

1 minute ago, Ashcat said:

I think that is not the solution

I agree. It’s only a workaround, not a solution.

2 minutes ago, Ashcat said:

I didn’t had this issue in V2 before until now. (Version 2.4.0.2301)

It looks as though you’ve identified a regression.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

• Staff

@Ashcat If you can do a short screen recording showing your workflow and switching to another layer. As once I can reproduce the issue I can log it with the developers to investigate further.

45 minutes ago, Lee D said:

@Ashcat If you can do a short screen recording showing your workflow and switching to another layer. As once I can reproduce the issue I can log it with the developers to investigate further.

Its the same problem I had in december last year. At that time is was color overlap but now all the items of FX with changing colors has this problem. Last month I used the FX tool it worked well an no I didn’t changed any settings.