You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I need to re-create the layout shown below.  In MS Publisher it is possible to set up a text frame in the box and amend the text-repelling properties to simply push the body text out of the way.  MSP has no problem with the fact that the box's text frame is 'on top of' the body text frame.  In an attempt to mimic the behavior of MSP I have set up a rectangle, converted it to curves and then converted it to a text frame so as to provide myself with node handles on the body text frame (see other screenshot).  This has allowed me to steer the body text around the box, but the text frame itself has remained stubbornly rectangular and still obscures the box so that I can't put a text frame within it.  There must surely be a better solution than subdividing the body text frame into upper and lower linked sections?

If I cannot find a solution I may have to look at alternative packages...

Screenshot 2024-03-21 115141.png

Screenshot 2024-03-21 115842.png

Welcome to the forums @nomaditerranean

If you do a web search for affinity publisher text wrap you should find all the information you need, for the basics at least.

If you watch the videos and read the tutorials and still don't know what to do then tell us which parts you don't understand.

Hi @nomaditerranean and another warm welcome to the forums,

Just to add to @GarryP and @Return's replies...

A quick visual representation showing a simple text frame with text added and text wrap applied to the graphic with text offset values...

Affinity Designer 2.4.2 | Affinity Photo 2.4.2 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.2
Affinity Designer  Beta 2.5.0 (2463) | Affinity Photo Beta 2.5.0 (2463) | Affinity Publisher Beta 2.5.0 (2463)

MacBook Pro M3 Max, 36 GB Unified Memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1, Magic Mouse

• 2 weeks later...