You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

• Staff

Hi @ECA,

Welcome to the Affinity Forums :)

You can download the V1 versions of the Affinity apps on macOS from the Affinity Store from the below links:

Photo - https://store.serif.com/update/macos/photo/1/ 
Designer - https://store.serif.com/update/macos/designer/1/
Publisher - https://store.serif.com/update/macos/publisher/1/

Unfortunately however it's no longer to possible to purchase new licenses for V1 - so if you don't already have a product key for Affinity Photo V1, the only option would be to upgrade to Affinity V2, once you have a compatible macOS device.

I hope this clears things up!

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!

ok ,thanks, but no that doesn't help. I didn't own v1 photo only designer, and v2 isn't compatable with Mojave on Mac, there is no way of getting v1 photo?

As mentioned above, and in the other thread you posted to, new licences for the V1 applications are no longer available for purchase.

And you can’t ask anyone if you can buy their old licence because the Affinity licences are non-transferable.

On 3/19/2024 at 11:04 AM, Dan C said:

if you don't already have a product key for Affinity Photo V1, the only option would be to upgrade to Affinity V2

The Affinity store seems to offer an upgrade for the Universal License only but not for a single app, or do I misunderstand the website?

https://affinity.serif.com/photo/#buy  
https://affinity.serif.com/store/upgrade-offer/

Wouldn't the purchase of an upgrade require an existing V1 product key?

And what if a user had purchased APhoto V1 only and upgrades to the Universal License V2: Is the V2 product key only valid for APhoto V2 (and AD/APub V2 cannot be used) – or is this V2 product key also valid for AD/APub V2 even though there was no valid V1 key for these two?

On 3/19/2024 at 11:17 AM, GarryP said:

Affinity licences are non-transferable.

This seems to conflict with European law (and might require a separate handling with upgrades purchased to a reduced price. e.g. by entering two valid, custom/owned licence keys). 

cp120094en.pdf.   CELEX 62011CJ0128 EN TXT.pdf

macOS 10.14.6 | MacBookPro Retina 15" | Eizo 27" | Affinity V1

• Staff
2 minutes ago, thomaso said:

The Affinity store seems to offer an upgrade for the Universal License only but not for a single app, or do I misunderstand the website?

The Affinity website provides an upgrade offer for the Universal License only - if you were a V1 license holder. There is no upgrade offer path for a singular V2 app.

However you are still upgrading from V1 to V2 when purchasing any V2 license after owning V1, as that is the definition of the word upgrade in context of computer applications and versioning.

5 minutes ago, thomaso said:

Wouldn't the purchase of an upgrade require an existing V1 product key?

OP already confirmed they own Designer V1, which I can see is linked to their Affinity ID;

On 3/19/2024 at 10:14 AM, ECA said:

I didn't own v1 photo only designer

5 minutes ago, thomaso said:

And what if a user had purchased APhoto V1 only and upgrades to the Universal License V2: Is the V2 product key only valid for APhoto V2 (and AD/APub V2 cannot be used) – or is this V2 product key also valid for AD/APub V2 even though there was no valid V1 key for these two?

If any user purchases the Universal License for the V2 Affinity apps, they can access all 3 apps, on all 3 platforms. This is completely independent of V1 licensing.

The only difference if you were a V1 user when purchasing the Universal License is the price - provided you take advantage of the upgrade offer.

9 minutes ago, thomaso said:

This seems to conflict with European law (and might require a separate handling with upgrades purchased to a reduced price. e.g. by entering two valid, custom/owned licence keys). 

If you have an issue with the Affinity Licensing wording, I'd recommend emailing affinity@serif.com.

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!