You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Document Margins for asymmetric Type / Print Space (publisher)

Hi everyone!

I tried looking through the forum and didn't find anything useful... so I hope I didn't miss something and am not asking stupid questions. My question is: is it not possible to set an asymmetric type space in the document while also keeping the facing pages/ two sided view?

image.thumb.png.c06bdbfd4f4612f33b8591a98b210672.png

Best regards

Linda

No problem to do that: 

1. Create a file with double pages spreads
  2. Set a Text frame where you want on the left page and a second on the right page
  3. Link them if needed

You can do that on a Master page or directly in the document. 

image.thumb.png.6979a7fc66dd1aa536205abe64fd8bcc.png

Affinity Suite 2.4 – Monterey 12.7.4 – MacBookPro 14" 2021 M1 Pro 16Go/1To

I apologise for any approximations in my English. It is not my mother tongue.

Hi Oufti!

Thank you for the fast reply. I was aware of this possibility.
What I was asking about is the page margins you set in the document settings though. 🙂

As I understand, it is not possible to have different margins on a spread?

image.png.8975a96e101380d3667e9cd17edb9b17.png

29 minutes ago, gaiaswind said:

is it not possible to set an asymmetric type space in the document while also keeping the facing pages/ two sided view?

"Margin" and "Column Guide" don't allow asymmetrical settings in facing page documents. Alternatively you could use single guidelines placed on the 2-page master spread.

Another workaround would use single master pages (not 2-page spreads) and apply those to all pages. For identical margins on left & right pages, one master page may be sufficient. Some workflow details with single master pages in facing page documents may vary.

macOS 10.14.6 | MacBookPro Retina 15" | Eizo 27" | Affinity V1

On 3/15/2024 at 12:12 PM, thomaso said:

"Margin" and "Column Guide" don't allow asymmetrical settings in facing page documents. Alternatively you could use single guidelines placed on the 2-page master spread.

Another workaround would use single master pages (not 2-page spreads) and apply those to all pages. For identical margins on left & right pages, one master page may be sufficient. Some workflow details with single master pages in facing page documents may vary.

Hi thomaso!

Thanks for the idea!

I forgot that you can also create single master pages on facing pages documents. Works great!