You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

AP Creating copyright brush

Hi

I have typed c2016 in black on a white background. I have selected it with the rectangular marquee, ctrl c / ctrl v to copy the selection to a new layer then used filters / colours / erase white paper but don't get a piece of text on a transparent background that I can save and turn into a brush!

HELP!

Many thanks all......

Hi tonyt,

maybe you should go with an intensity brush:

• A. Create the intended text and save your image to your hard drive as a PNG file. There is no need to convert the text to curves.
  • B. Go to the Brushes panel, choose Create New Category (optional) and then New Intensity Brush from the hamburger menu. A dialogue will open, where you can choose your PNG as the intensity source for your brush.
  • C. A new brush entry is instantly created in the brushes list. Double click the new entry, and adjust the settings as desired. I would allow generous spacing.
  • D. Happy painting.

Hope that helps …  :)

Alex

post-1198-0-03644900-1462118857_thumb.png

post-1198-0-79031500-1462118861_thumb.png

post-1198-0-29425800-1462118867_thumb.png

post-1198-0-62348900-1462119149_thumb.png