You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

A few issues.

AD - a small number of shortcut with alt key. For example - Select >same>fill. It is not possible to use it with alt shortcut even though there are many unused letters in this menu. For example "S" for "same"...

But we can use alt Select>Select All despite of that we heve regular shortcut for it (ctrl+A) 🤔

AP - the numeric keyboard potential for custom shortcuts is completely unused. Num eneter is the same as regular enter. Num 1 is the same as regular 1. Why???!!!! It is different key and can be used in different way… 

image.png.5754d948d4deca7986d659ea44c779a0.png

7 hours ago, wintermute said:

Num eneter is the same as regular enter.

By "regular enter", you mean the return key, right?
Don't know about Windows, but on Mac they are treated as unique by Affinity.
E.g. in Publisher:

• Return = Paragraph Break
  • Enter = Column Break (usually fn-Return on compact Mac keyboards)

(For what it's worth, ever since Apple in its limited wisdom removed the Enter key from their MacBook keyboards and replaced it with the useless right-option key almost two decades ago, I'm remapping the key back to Enter via 3rd party utilities like Karabiner.)

8 hours ago, wintermute said:

Num 1 is the same as regular 1. Why?

Yes, apps like InDesign treat them as unique and it definitely had its benefits.

(But it was also a literal pain in the behind after Apple also ditched the "faux" numpad "fn-MJKLUIO789" shortcuts – as known from the good ole PowerBooks of yore. The consequence was that you couldn't assign any keyboard shortcuts to text formats in InDesign CS – don't know about the current version – because text format key bindings only accepted numpad keys. Duh! Again I had to work around it by remapping the keys on MacBook keyboards manually via Karabiner.)

MacBookAir 15": MacOS Ventura > Affinity v1, v2, v2 beta // MacBookPro 15" mid-2012: MacOS El Capitan > Affinity v1 / MacOS Catalina > Affinity v1, v2, v2 beta // iPad 8th: iPadOS 16 > Affinity v2

18 hours ago, loukash said:

useless right-option key

Accessibility.

As a left-handed laptop user with a physical limitation, I would find it very difficult if I had to reach over to the left option or command keys while simultaneously operating the touchpad; especially so for demanding precision tasks. I find it difficult to use the single control key (which, it seems, cannot be remapped in Affinity) but at least it's not so often needed.

(I'm not criticising your comment; I just needed to point that out.)

7 hours ago, GripsholmLion said:

Accessibility.

Fair enough! :) 

MacBookAir 15": MacOS Ventura > Affinity v1, v2, v2 beta // MacBookPro 15" mid-2012: MacOS El Capitan > Affinity v1 / MacOS Catalina > Affinity v1, v2, v2 beta // iPad 8th: iPadOS 16 > Affinity v2

7 hours ago, GripsholmLion said:

I find it difficult to use the single control key (which, it seems, cannot be remapped in Affinity)

On Mac, with Karabiner you can remap anything: https://karabiner-elements.pqrs.org

For the record, the numpad issue already had a tag as being logged: https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/search/&tags=aw-3198

The latest "bump" seems to be almost 5 years old, though: